Top Ten Tuesday: September 22

This is an easy one, though it will likely repeat some of my summer list: My Top Ten Fall TBR.

1. LotR (Hobbit re-read + trilogy). I've been meaning to make my way through these forever. I gave up halfway through Two Towers in high school, but I really want to see it through, and fall seems like a good time for it.

2. Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg. I got sucked into a Mallory-Ortberg-on-The-Toast rabbit hole one day a few weeks back, and have been wanting to read her book ever since.

3. Maplecroft by Cherie Priest. This has been on my TBR since it came out, but now that I've read and really liked I Am Princess X, I want to read it ASAP.

4. The Witches: Salem 1692 by Stacy Schiff. I've been fascinated by Salem and the witch trials since I was a preteen, and I have been anticipating this book since I found out about it months ago. I was really bummed that I was declined for an ARC on Edelweiss, but it's probably going to be a big release and I'm not a "big" reviewer, so I'll just have to suck it up and buy it when it comes out in October.

5. M Train by Patti Smith. I love Patti Smith and I love Just Kids. So yeah, need to read this.

6. Year's Best Weird Fiction Volume 2, edited by Kathe Koja. I have a friend with a story in this anthology! I want to read it for what it is, but also to support her and other writers like her.

7. Manners and Mutiny (Finishing School 4) by Gail Carriger. Final entry in one of my favorite popcorn-read series. It comes out November 3.

8. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. I've heard nothing but raves from people I trust, and the premise is fascinating. I'm first in line for the hold line at the library.

9. Steampunk (Vol. 1) by Jeff and Ann Vandermeer. I'm building a pretty elaborate steampunk Halloween costume this year, but I'm not as well-versed in the genre as I would like to be. (I'm rather partial to the aesthetic, but some of the books I've read have left me a little cold). On a side note, I'm thinking of doing running updates on the progress of the costume; it's sort of a big project for me and I'm excited.

10. In Real Life by Cory Doctorow. I've made great headway into graphic novels and comics I'm interested in this year, and this is one of the few still on my list.