Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2011: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's Second Series (Unauthorized) - Steven Cooper,  Kevin Mahoney Yay! Steven and Kevin have continued the excellent work of Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series. If you’ve read my review of that book, there isn’t much for me to say here, as the book takes the same approach as their first installment. This is not the type of book that requires innovation; actually I would say innovation would overshadow the book’s intent, which is to clearly summarize and assess Moffat’s sophomore Doctor Who season. Again, they have each written a review for each episode, comparing and contrasting their impressions and including Classic Series parallels and bits of trivia. No complaints here. If you loved Moffet’s 2nd season or were horribly disappointed, or even if you’re simply ambivalent, I think the perspectives in this book are worth a read.